You make a difference
Every person counts!
Volunteering encourages civic responsibility
Community service and volunteerism are an investment in our community and the people who live in it.
You get a chance to give back
You learn a lot
Volunteers discover hidden talents that may change their view of their self-worth and strengthen their self-esteem
Volunteers gain knowledge of available local resources that can solve community needs.
Volunteering strengthens your community by...
- Supporting families (daycare and eldercare)
- Improving schools (mentoring, tutoring, literacy)
- Supporting youth (mentoring and after-School activity programmes)
- Beautifying the community (beach and park cleanups)
It promotes personal growth and self-esteem
Understanding a community’s needs helps to foster empathy and self-efficacy
It brings people together
Uniting people from diverse backgrounds, building camaraderie and teamwork, to work toward a common goal.
Volunteers gain educational and professional experience
It's good for you… Volunteering
- Provides physical and mental rewards
- Reduces stress: Experts report that when you focus on someone other than yourself, it interrupts and reduces usual tension and stress producing patterns
- Makes you healthier: Moods and emotions, like optimism, joy, and control over your own fate, strengthens you and improves your immune system